Why assign a POS to a warehouse?
Do you have multiple warehouses?
Does one or more of your warehouses pick for a separate warehouse?
If you answered yes to both of these questions, assigning a POS to a warehouse is a game-changer for item-level tracking in the warehouse! Now, POS that are assigned to a warehouse will override a route warehouse assignment. Meaning, Gimme will first look to the POS warehouse assignment when reducing the warehouse on-hand quantity after a completed pick order. If no warehouse is assigned to a POS, it will look to the servicing route's assigned warehouse. The same applies to bring backs being automatically added back into the warehouse after a completed visit.
How to assign a POS to a warehouse
- Select a POS
- Tap/Click on the top right red menu button
- Select Edit POS
- Select Warehouse then the warehouse you wish to assign the POS to
- Note this warehouse can differ from the servicing route's assigned warehouse
- Select Next to save the changes
You'll notice the warehouse code as a deep link on the POS screen. Click/Tap on the warehouse code to navigate to that warehouse.
How do I know it is working?
- View and note the on-hand quantity of a product by selecting the warehouse deep link on the POS screen or directly view by navigating to the warehouse screen and view the Stock Balances Tab
- View the pick order for the POS by selecting the Pick Order tab
- Complete a pick order for the POS, you should see the on hand quantity on the Stock Balances tab reduce by the pick amount