- Gimme has a dedicated Taxes page in VMS
- To find it, tap the top-left three-line menu button
- Select Taxes
- Your screen should look similar to the above example
- Each white square is referred to as a Tax Area
- Tax Rules and Assigned POS are found within an individual Tax Area
- Tax Rules and Assigned POS can be edited at any time
- Tax Areas (discussed in the Taxes Page section) are assigned to the individual POS (point of sale)
- When creating a POS, users are required to assign a Tax Area to a POS
- Users can also assign multiple POS at one time from the Taxes page
- Tax Rules determine if tax is included in the selling price or applied at the time of sale and are applied to:
- One or all product families
- One or all POS Types
Sales Tax Reporting
- Sales tax reports are located on the Reports page
- For information on how sales data is reported in Gimme see How sales data is calculated in reports
Does Gimme assign taxes at the product level?
No. Tax Rules are applied at the Product Family level.
How do I set up tax rules for tax-exempt products?
Do I need to update tax settings with my micro market provider after updating in Gimme?
If your micro market is VDI enabled, Gimme is the master of records and does not require manually editing the taxes in both Gimme and your micro market provider.
If your micro market is not VDI enabled, you will need to edit the sales tax information in both Gimme and your micro market provider
Was this article helpful? Let us know!
Vote: Yes (Yay!)
Vote: No (Sorry to hear that, please provide feedback as to why so we can fix it!)
Your feedback, positive and negative, helps us provide you with the resources to make you successful!