To enable a new Avanti market with Gimme VMS follow these steps:
- Step 1: Inform Avanti that we are your VMS provider for them to activate Gimme as a provider.
- Step 2: Ensure you have the proper access to view VMS tools under the Admin tab on the Avanti site.
- Step 3: Create a new POS in Gimme VMS
- Specify that this POS Type is "Micro market" and fill in all other required details
- Before saving, change the "VDI MMS Provider ID" from 0 to 5
- Step 4: Send a ticket to email@example.com with the market's POS Code or POS title(s).
- Step 5: Gimme will provide you with the MMID to enter on the Avanti site.
- Step 6: Navigate to VMS tools on the Avanti site under the Admin tab.
- Step 7: Select the location VMS status tab.
- Step 8: Search for the location using the search menu.
- Step 9: On the right side of the page, enter the MMID supplied from Gimme and click update. The location's VMS status will change from inactive to active.
How do you know that your market is VDI enabled?
- In Gimme VMS, the market's POS page will display products with inventory values
- In Avanti on the VMS tools page:
- Search for the location
- A market that is VDI enabled will have an active VMS status with an MMID assigned.
- We also suggest scanning products at the market before it goes live to verify that everything is working.