Features and bug fixes listed in this summary were added over 2 versions of Gimme VMS updates: v1.1.58 and v1.2.3
We made some adjustments to how we calculate visit data. For a full list of how we calculate data in Gimme VMS, see (link calculations article).
Visit Details: removed Meter O/S for visits without DEX
- The equation for calculating Meter O/S is:
meter_os = ((counted_bills + counted_coins) + cashless_from_dex) - vended_cash_from_dex
- Visits without DEX were displaying Meter O/S incorrectly in the absence of a DEX file, so we removed the data field and improved Visit Detail editing.
Product O/S for visits without DEX
- Previously, we didn't account for Meters, and we were using a different formula that didn't apply to visits without DEX.
- Now we have two formulas:
- Product O/S when DEX occurs =
(expected product count - actual product count) x price at the POS
- Product O/S when DEX does not occur =
manually entered meter value - estimated total sales
- This new formula incorporates Meter values (if provided).
Coin Mech O/S calculation timing
- This only applies to machines with a coin mech that reports inventory.
- VMS users said that sometimes the Coin Mech O/S reported incorrectly.
- We determined that Gimme VMS correctly calculates Coin Mech O/S = Coin Mech DEX - Expected Coin.
- However, the timing of this calculation with users getting DEX provided incorrect data.
- We updated the logic to get DEX files first, then coin mech inventory data.
Product O/S for Micro Markets
- Users reported incorrect calculations of Product O/S in their micro markets.
- We found that the calculations are correct.
- Originally, we were automatically hiding rows that had products with Pars = 0.
- Those rows included Variance values that were non-zero and were included in the Product O/S value.
- Our Product O/S was accurate when including the Variance values in these hidden rows.
- By introducing a toggle to un-hide these rows, users are able to manually verify the accuracy of our Product O/S value.
In some instances, the displayed data is calculated correctly, but the total is incorrect. This occurs for various reasons: human error (such as a user getting DEX from the wrong machine), DEX board errors, or a rounding error in the software. We implemented the following enhancements to allow users to edit/update data for these infrequent, but common situations:
Added ability to edit the Meter value in instances of a “flip” or new DEX board
- Users can “Flip the Meter Reading” when it “flips” and “overflows” because the meter becomes larger than the number of digits assigned to it.
- Users can “Reset the Meter Reading” when a DEX board is replaced and the Meter value is reset to some new origin value (which may not be 0).
Edit visit type for a completed visit
- Visit type and cash bag numbers for completed visits can be edited on the Visit Details page.
Users have access to more detailed visit data than ever before. We added a new Accountability View to the Operations page and Global Reports to the Reports page.
Accountability View on Operations Page
- The new Accountability View provides users with a quick, robust snapshot of visit details for both daily activities and date ranges.
- Users can define their own metrics by using Conditional Formatting.
- Other features include:
- Sortable columns
- A green checkmark for visits with DEX
- Quick POS filter button
The reports page is now divided into two sections: Global Reports and Custom Reports.
- Users can add report descriptions that will appear under the report title
Global Report: Accountability
Similar to the original Accountability Report, but better!
- Column titles were updated for user clarity.
- Ex: Collected Cash (the amount counted in the Money Room) is now titled Counted Cash.
- New data columns were added.
An upgraded version of the Driver Check-in Bring Back Report:
- Users can run this report with or without a route filter.
- We increased the available date range to view past bring back data.
- Grouped by Visit Date > Route > Product Family > Product Code
- Why we made this change:
- Users are quickly able to verify the expected quantity of product route drivers should have after completing their visits,
- Compare the amount picked to visit adds for each product, and
- Track quantities of products spoiled/removed.
This report provides information to identify cash theft and driver performance metrics.
This report displays all product placements in all POS grouped by Product Family > Product Title
- Data is pulled from the last known visit
- To make any changes, select the POS Code to navigate to the POS.
GH 392 Updated time zones in Reports
Previously, some users noticed incorrect times when generating reports. This was due to the Reports page using a different time zone than the Operations page. Users will now see the same zone for visits on the Operations page and visit data on the Reports page.
General Bug Fixes
- On the Visit Details page, users reported that the Media link took them to a gray screen instead of displaying pictures from a visit
- This issue was caused by the transition from Amazon Web Service to Google Cloud servers. Visit images were one of the remaining components that had not been migrated from AWS to GCP
GH 592 Invoice rounding error
- Users experienced a rounding error when editing invoices and applying payments.
- This occurred due to a rounding error.
- Users were able to work around this issue by adding a third digit after the decimal point.
- We updated the rounding logic so this no longer occurs.