Congratulations on your new market!
Follow these steps to VDI enable your new 365 micro market
All requests to VDI enable a market
must be sent to Gimme Support
at least one week (or more) in advance
Before contacting Gimme Support
- Place a work order request with 365 to activate your new micro-market (even if this market is active as an SHQ market)
- 365 will let you know when the market is created in their system.
- Create a new POS in Gimme VMS
- Specify that this POS Type is “Micro market” and fill in all other required details.
- Before saving, change the "VDI MMS Provider ID" from 0 to 1
- Build a Planogram Manually or Import a POG from an existing market
After 365 activates the new market
and the above steps are completed
- Email Gimme Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
The POS code in Gimme
The market's title in 365
Date the market is scheduled to go live
Gimme and 365's Next Steps
- Gimme will contact 365's implementation team to start the process of getting the market VDI enabled
- Once 365 has enabled VDI for the new market, the the product catalog needs to be synced with 365
- This can be completed by anyone with access to Gimme VMS
How do you know that your market is VDI enabled?
In Gimme VMS, the market's POS page will display products with inventory values
- Search for the location
- Select the blue bar for more information
- Scroll to this section:
We also suggest scanning products at the market before it goes live to verify that everything is working