DEX issues are frustrating and can be caused by anything from a corrupt board to a bad DEX port. If your driver can't get DEX from a machine with a Gimme Key, there are a number of troubleshooting steps he or she can take to successfully pull DEX.
1. Remove Gimme Key from DEX plug/port and plug Key back in firmly. Ensure Key is fully seated into the port. Retry DEX.
2. Check machine display for errors. Clear errors if present. Retry.
3. Power cycle the machine by turning power off, waiting 10 seconds, then restoring power. Retry DEX once machine is back online.
4. Refresh the iPad's Bluetooth by swiping up on the lower half of the iPad screen. Tap the Bluetooth button so it turns grey for 'off.' Tap again to turn Bluetooth on (it will be blue when on). Retry.
5. Tap the Bluetooth button to turn it off (grey), then restart the iPad. Make sure visits are synced before restarting iPad. Once iPad is back on, tap the Bluetooth on again. Retry.
For additional support during business hours, supervisors can reach Gimme Support via email at email@example.com.
For urgent issues, our Gimme Support Hotline (404-898-2919) is available to supervisors 365/24/7.